People who know or follow me on Instagram might know how much I adore Chanel makeup and their elegant packaging. I keep browsing chanel.com to see what are the new arrivals and every time I end up buying some new stuff.
Chanel Spring/Summer 2019 named Vision D’Asie: L’art Du Détail created by Lucia Pica is a luminous makeup collection with green, blue, gold, ivory and fuchsia shades. It is an intense range of makeup with beautiful colors for eyes, lips and nails and also include a multi-use glow stick in two shades.
Below is complete range of Chanel Spring/Summer 2019 Collection
Images above are from Chanel.com
- Baume Essentiel Multi-Use Glow Stick – Transparent ($45)
- Baume Essentiel Multi-Use Glow Stick – Sculpting ($45)
- Les Pinceaux De Chanel Retractable Highlighter Brush ($38)
- Les 9 Ombres Multi-Effects Eyeshadow Palette – Édition N°2 Quintessence ($70)
- Ombre Première Longwear Cream Eyeshadow – 840 Patine Bronze ($36)
- Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour – 71 Nuance ($38)
- Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour – 72 Infrarose ($38)
- Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour – 73 Impérial ($38)
- Rouge Allure Liquid Powder Liquid Matte Lip Colour – 962 Electric Blossom ($30)
- Rouge Allure Liquid Powder Liquid Matte Lip Colour – 964 Bitter Sweet ($30)
- Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour – 646 Bleached Mauve ($28)
- Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour – 648 Techno Bloom ($28)
Products I bought and going to review and swatch in this post are:
● Baume Essentiel Multi-Use Glow Stick ($45 for 8g/ .28 oz, Made in Italy) in shade Sculpting
● Les 9 Ombres Multi-Effects Eyeshadow Palette ($70 for 6.3g/ 0.22 oz, Made in Italy) – Édition N°2 Quintessence
● Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour ($28 for 13ml/ 0.4 fl oz, Made in France) in shade 646 – Bleached Mauve
Baume Essentiel Multi-Use Glow Stick – Sculpting
Baume Essentiel Multi-Use Glow Stick is a new addition in Chanel makeup line. It can be described as a lightweight translucent balm which instantly add fresh and dewy finish to complexion without being oily or tacky.
Description on Chanel website
A moisturizing, glow-enhancing balm for face, eyes and lips. The smooth, silky texture glides onto skin for a natural-looking glow.
Formula is lightweight, feels silky soft and wet to touch but not at all tacky, adds a non-oily natural sheen to skin. It is a multi-use glow stick which I apply wherever I want a glow on my face OR on top of my eyes to create a glossy look, It can also be used on lips.
It comes in two shades, Transparent and Sculpting. I have it in Sculpting which is a subtle pink champagne provides a beautiful pearly sheen.
Below is a video clip swatching on hand Baume Essentiel Multi-Use Glow Stick in Sculpting to show the glow in natural day light.
I have a normal to combination skin in summer and dry in winters. I find this product perfect to add a touch of dewiness without being overdo of highlighter. For those who have oily skin I can anticipate this would be hard to incorporate and suggest to test it in stores before purchase.
In pictures below I applied Baume Essentiel Multi-Use Glow Stick Sculpting on my cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, cupid’s bow and eyelids. This balm instantly gives life and light to the face. If you like a kind of beautiful wet look this product is for you.
In general I am too lazy to touch up but it is so easy to use that I just slip it in my purse and use any time I want.
Les 9 Ombres Multi-Effects Eyeshadow Palette – Édition N°2 Quintessence
This year in Spring/Summer collection Chanel brings a new limited edition Les 9 Ombres Multi-Effects Eyeshadow Palette Édition N°2 Quintessence ($70 for 6.3g/ 0.22oz, Made in Italy).
Description on website:
This eyeshadow palette features nine longwearing shades in a combination of bold colours and neutral tones. A range of finishes from intense matte to shimmering satin allow for a range of custom eye makeup looks and effects.
This palette features a selection of nine shimmer and matte colors include gold, green, red, blue and neutrals which are ideal to create day and night looks. Colors and shimmers are designed in a way that I can either wear them alone or layer and blend to create a new color.
Texture and pigmentation vary from shade to shade but in general shadows are pigmented, blend beautifully and effortlessly with great color pay off.
This palette is very versatile and many different looks can be created using different beautiful shades in it. Shimmery shades are shiny and easy to work with.
Picture below is to give the idea of size
Some Close ups of this beautiful palette for better idea of shades
In picture below I used shade 7 as a base and on lower brows, 3 on eyelids, shade 8 on crease and lower lash line, toped with shade 5, on inner and outer corner I applied shade 1.
Shadows stays put for good 6 to 7 hours and as I always mention that I remove my makeup maximum after 7 hours.
It comes in a classic black Chanel compact with a mirror in it and two small applicator brushes with sponge tip and angled soft hair brush. This palette is so convenient to take for travels.
Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour – Bleached Mauve
Two new shades of Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour are also included in Chanel Spring 2019 collection, 646-Bleached Mauve and 648-Techno Bloom. Shade I picked 646 – Bleached Mauve is a beautiful nude with a hint of mauve beige.
Formula and consistency for this color is sheer that I need two or more coats to obtain an opaque finish and real color to be appeared.
Finish is glossy and it does not thicken when I apply second or third coat. It is long lasting and stays for days without any chipping while application is easy and streaks free.
It comes in a classic Le Vernis bottle, you pull up the cap and twist off the top. Applicator brush is thin and round at the edge.
Shop Chanel Summer/Spring 2019 Collection
I am giving away Chanel Rouge Allure Liquid Powder in shade 956-Invincible. Attached a picture of hand swatch in widget below.
- To enter you must follow All steps in the widget
- This giveaway is limited to US residents only
- Winner will be selected 48 hours after giveaway ends and contacted by me via e-mail
- Not Sponsored or Affiliated.
- For further details Read Giveaway Rules.